Custom Your Unique Swords
Begin Your Hero's Journey With A Custom Katana
If you’ve explored our entire selection of samurai swords and you haven’t found the perfect piece to meet your needs, we have one more option for you — creating your own custom katana sword! When you customize your katana, you get more control than ever over the type of steel we use, the sharpening and polishing of your sword, your personal engraving, and the colors and aesthetics of the handguard, sheath cord, scabbard, handle wrap, and much more..
Start designing your katana here.
How It Works
When it comes to creating your own custom katana, our swordsmiths need a lot of information before getting started. As you work through our available options, make sure you choose something for each category, including:
- Sword Size: Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto, Nodachi,and custom size you choice.
- Blade Material : from the most basic 9260 Spring Steel, 1095 High carbon Steel to high quality kobuse,shihozume,Tamahagane Blade
- Blade Type: Shinogi Zukuri, Shobu Zukuri, Unokubi Zukuri, Naginata Etc..
- Hi (blood groove): no groove or with groove.
- Ito (handle cord): Choose from cotton or slik or leather ito wrapping in a varitey of hues.
- SAME'GAWA(ray skin): 4 colors to choose from.
- Tsuka-maki(handle wrapping): Heneri-maki or Katate-maki.
- Saya (scabbard): Select from normal saya or high quality saya in a varitey of hues.
- Sageo (saya cord): 10 kinds of sageo to choose from.
- Tsuba Fittings: Choose from over one hundred unique blade guard designs.
- Note: you can write any additional requests here, such as free engraving, other fittings or designs.
Creating your own custom katana sword is an incredibly rewarding experience. You’re participating in a samurai tradition that goes back thousands of years. Join the honored samurai warriors of ancient Japan when you shop our custom sword options today.
The sword you receive from our blacksmiths won’t be just any replica. It will be a fully functional, battle-ready piece that’s made just for you. Shop with us and enjoy a unique, well-crafted weapon to use in ceremonies, at the dojo, or for decoration in your home.